Preparation - Estimated cooking time: Under 30 minutes -
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix together soy milk, egg whites, vanilla, orange zest and applesauce.
3. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Slice bananas and wash blueberries, if fresh.
5. Set a nonstick griddle or a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Allow to warm for 2 minutes. When it is heated, spray once with cooking spray. Use a spoon or small ladle to drop onto griddle mounds of batter that spread into circles about 3" across.
6. When small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, add 3 slices of banana and 5 or 6 blueberries to each pancake. Allow to settle for about 30 seconds, then flip pancake.
7. Cook for about 2 minutes and serve with warm maple or fruit syr